Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Yield: 10-12 servings
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Riverglen farm-fresh eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups coarsely shredded river zucchini (1 large one or two medium ones)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup fair trade cocoa (more or less depending on how you like it)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1. In a large bowl beat sugar, oil and eggs. Add vanilla and zucchini.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Add alternately with milk to zucchini mixture. Blend well.
3. Pour into a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan. Bake.
4. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
5. When cool, dust with icing sugar
Time: 50-60 minutes
Options: You can add chocolate chips (for kids) or crushed hot chillis (for a Mexican spicy chocolate version).